The Oseola McCarty Youth Development Center is a volunteer-exclusive organization that addresses the welfare and betterment of underprivileged youth in Hattiesburg through after school programs designed to enrich the social, educational, and physical aspects of development. Mentoring, instruction, and family outreach comprise the methods utilized while striving “to empower youth to win in every area of their lives.”[read more...]
You are invited to join a FREE webinar training on Tuesday, March 25th at 10:00 AM CST.
Tonja and Jimmy Caldwell with Caldwell's Management Services will be conducting a 2-hour webinar titled Record Keeping 101 for Nonprofits.. Non‐profit organizations, like for‐profit ones, need to retain certain records beyond current use needs, according to regulatory, legal, financial, and operational requirements.
In this content driven seminar, participants will learn:
1. The Benefits of Record Keeping
2. How to Create an Organizational Binder containing all the Important Documents your Board needs to have at its Fingertips
3. How to Design and Implement a Workable Filing System
4. How Records Should be Filed and Stored—Hard Copy versus Electronic Copy
5. Record Retention and Destruction Policies and Procedures[...]
We have set up a mailing list for volunteers and our agencies to keep updated on everything Volunteer Hattiesburg. These newsletters are not designed to fill up your inbox with 20 mailings each day/week/month. They simply serve to let you know the most important information - maybe one to two mail outs each month - so that our community members can stay updated on large volunteer opportunities and any important happenings at Volunteer Hattiesburg.[...]